Fall is near, the kids are back in school and duck hunting has begun. Which is also the time of year when we (might) see less of Greg Spaight as he attempts to weed out the local duck population. And since Greg and Sara Spaight are unofficial ambassadors of CrossFit Modig, it seems only fitting that we would use them as we kick back up with our Member Profiles! Read on and enjoy!
- Where did you grow up? Madison, WI
- How long have you been Cross-Fitting? 2 Years
- What is your favorite WOD? Any couplet WOD with weights, so thrusters and burpees, cleans and wall balls, snatches and running…
- What’s your favorite lift? Snatches
- What’s your least favorite CF move? Ooooh, so many to choose from…box jumps and pull ups.
- What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? That you’ll get injured. In two years, so far my biggest injury was jamming my finger grabbing at a bouncing weight. Hint, heavier weights bounce less:/
- What’s your favorite non-CrossFit activity? All those weekends Greg is hunting I like to serial watch mindless, reality TV. Housewives, Kardashians, Shah’s of Sunset, the dumber the better!
- What’s your nickname? I don’t recall being fat as a kid, but my nickname was Porker. People are just too nice to call me that now, at least to my face.
- What do you do for a living? I’m the Residential closing manager for Land Title.
- How has CrossFit changed your life? After 50 years, I finally realized that I don’t have to do 20 hours of cardio a week, and lifting weights heavier than a bag of groceries is a good idea…..geez what took me so long!
- Where did you grow up? A lot of people would say that I haven’t grown up, but I spent my youth in East Troy, WI a town of 1500 with a ski hill.
- How long have you been Cross-Fitting? I just had my 2 year Modig-versary!
- What is your favorite WOD? Filthy 50, Fight Gone Bad was fun, anything with rowing.
- What’s your favorite lift? I’m equally bad at all of them, so I’ll say deadlifts.
- What’s your least favorite CF move? Anything inverted, and double-unders, which I cannot figure out yet!
- What do you think is the biggest myth about CrossFit? That you are going to get hurt. I mean, sure, you can, but if you listen to your coaches, check your ego at the door and pay attention to your body, you won’t.
- What’s your favorite non-CrossFit activity? Bird hunting. Sara is a saint and lets me chase birds non-stop from Sept 1 until May 30th.
- What’s your nickname? I’ve never had a nickname, but if I did, I think I’d like it to be T- Bone.
- What do you do for a living? I am a wholesale insurance broker working with hard to place risks. Lloyds of London type stuff. Want to insure your hair? I’m your guy.
- How has CrossFit changed your life?I’ve lost 35 pounds since I started thanks to great nutritional coaching from David and Corey and I have really changed my relationship with green vegetables. But more importantly, I’ve met so many great people that I am proud to call friend and to share a WOD with.