The paleo challenge might be over, but the whole goal is to maintain it in your every day life…challenge or not. Actually, make that your challenge…to continue to eat paleo consistently because of how amazing you feel and how good you look. Below is a really simply breakfast recipe from PaleOMG. Enjoy!
1. 2 sweet potatoes or yam, cut in half lengthwise
2. 1 cup fresh blueberries
3. 1lb Bison Breakfast Sausage
4. 1 egg, whisked
5. salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise. Place cut side down on a baking sheet and place in oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft when you poke them.
- While your sweet potatoes bake, place your breakfast sausage in a large skillet over medium heat and cook down, using a wooden spoon to break up the meat.
- When your meat begins to brown, add your blueberries and sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper.
- Cook down until cooked through. Discard excess liquid from meat and blueberries. And place mixture in a large bowl.
- Add your whisked egg and mix to combine.
- When your sweet potatoes are done cooking, cool for a couple minutes, then use a spoon to remove some of the excess sweet potato that you don’t need (eat that as a snack for later), leaving behind a 1/4 inch of so of sweet potato so the skin doesn’t break apart.
- Add your blueberry and breakfast sausage mixture into your sweet potato skins and place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Let cool. Top with an egg if you’d like. Why wouldn’t you, really!?