David Goodenberger, founder and head coach of CrossFit Modig, has been an athlete and fitness enthusiast nearly his whole life. David began personal training in 2006 and switched to full-fledged CrossFit shortly thereafter. As a former collegiate athlete, David has always been passionate about training and nutrition. When he came across CrossFit in 2008, he was hooked. Since then David has had the opportunity to combine what he loves to do with what he gets paid to do. He hopes to retire as a CrossFit Coach.
• CrossFit Level 1 - 2008
• CrossFit Weightlifting (with Coach Burgener) - 2011
• Movement and Mobility (with Kelly Starrett) - 2012
• Outlaw Training Camp Parabellum Series - 2013
• CrossFit Football - 2015
• Likes to do for fun: Travel, including to Pagosa Springs, CO where he grew up and working on his truck as a self described “shade tree mechanic.”
• Dream car: Nicest diesel truck money can buy.
• Last meal: In-N-Out Cheeseburger and Fries.
• Vacation destination: Grand Cayman Islands.
• Retire: He and his wife want to be snowbirds and spend summers in Colorado and winters in Arizona.
• Hobby: Besides the obvious, playing pick-up basketball.
“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain and difficulty…I never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and lived them well.” (Theodore Roosevelt)