Alex Dow Alex Dow
Alex began working out at Modig nearly 4 years ago with plans to continue for a couple months in preparation for applying to the fire service. The fire service never came together and Modig has been stuck with Alex longer than the planned 3 months.
Alex loves Modig and the CrossFit community knowing first hand as someone that came into Modig with a very modest bit of fitness that it is accessible and scalable for anyone given a thoughtful balance of nutrition, mechanically sound effort, and recovery. Alex plans to get his CrossFit kids certification on his path to develop a program providing more access to CrossFit programs for kids with special needs in the front range. Alex is husband to another Modigger, Nicole, and father to three wonderful youngsters.
• CrossFit Level 1 - 2015
• Likes to do for fun: Family workouts in the home gym (Dowdig), splitting logs and enjoying time around the resulting fire with friends and family.
• Dream car: 1979 PUCH Maxi Sport (a currently broken down pedal start moped in my garage AKA Paco.)
• Last meal: Steak and eggs, black coffee.
• Vacation destination: Nebraska.
• Retire: I'll retire to a bit of land in Montana's Madison Valley complete with a log cabin built with a chainsaw and some functional fitness.
• Hobby: When Alex isn't banging weights around he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, and running around in the mountains.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
- Invictus, William Earnest Henley